We started with a bottle of Mikkeller's Beer Geek Breakfast stout. It poured like ink and smelled like a double espresso with two sugars.
Nugz said of it: Each sip is a plethora of flavor that fills the tongue with adventure and leaves you wanting more, but only a small bit more, because if you have too much you won't make it through the entire hike.
This is the closest Nugz has ever come to a metaphor, and I commend him for it.
Next was a saison-style French beer called L'Amalthee, which means The Malted. My lovely wife bought this bottle at Rainbow. She was attracted by the picture of the goat on the label. Nugz thought this beer smelled "Floral, with a bit of spice to it." Not at all like goats, which smell absolutely awful.
Ranger is my favourite every day IPA. I don't drink it every day. But I could if you really wanted me to. Nugz voiced no opinion on this one as he was busy playing the accordion.
We were then joined by Mrs Nugz-to-be, who shared with us an Allagash Odyssey, which is a strong dark wheat beer. She thought it smelled and tasted like molasses, which was a good thing.
The Allagash brewing company recommend pairing this beer with almond crusted chicken and filet minon. We made some guacamole, but we were out of tomatoes, so I added too much lime juice instead. The Nugzs seemed to like it. But they were clearly drunk.
No comments:
Post a Comment