Sunday, December 04, 2011

. Strudel-off

Do you ever look at a bowl of apples and suddenly feel the need to enter into a competitive bake-off against your own mother?  I know I do.


Here is an apple strudel cooked by my mum.  It's made with filo pastry, and it's got raisins in it.


And here is an apple strudel cooked by me.  It's made with puff pastry.  And it leaked a bit.


But how should we judge the relative qualities of apple strudel at a distance of 5000 miles? 


Only the internet can decide!  Vote now in the comments section.

Current score:      Mum 7         Anthony 7
 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUMS is tops

Incredulous said...

Oy Gevalt. What kind of a man competes against his Mother!?

Mum's cooking always wains

Incedulous said...

Oh, obviously I mean 'wins'

Incredulous said...

Hmm. It seems I can only spell one word at a time. Clearly my judgment is worthless

Anonymous said...

everybody knows oozy pastries are the best. go tony barony!

Anonymous said...

tony wins!

Anonymous said...

I must say I vote for no raisins. Although, they both look tasty, I think it's one for Anthony. Sorry Mum.

Professor Struedel Hop-n-Pop-n-Fresh said...

Both look great, but the one baked in the states has a smaller carbon footprint (if I were to be sent a sample) so I have to vote for that one.

salabasana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

Margaret's struedel is the best.

James said...

I vote for your mum.
The Yorkshire struedel MUST win.

Anonymous said...

Mums of course - she wont bring me on holiday otherwise

swtcurran said...

anthony gets my vote!

Anonymous said...

OK...guess I'm going to be the tie breaker....thumbs up for Anthony's strudel....looks more like the ones I use to bake....looks delicious. Presentation is everything and it looks like it came from a pastry chef....very professional.
:)

Anonymous said...

Yum-yum -yum. It's got to be Mum

nif said...

how can i not vote? the anthony-strudel was damn delicious, made with yummy eco-happy granny smiths from our organic csa, and fantastically versatile - twas perfect for breakfast, dessert, and that nice snacky meal between second lunch and dinner.

and we just got another batch of 'grannies.' please make more.

Anonymous said...

Yes to grandma.