Sunday, January 08, 2012

. Book of the Month

It's back!  The internet's least popular book group.  Join today!  I didn't read a damn thing last year, so to stop me being such a useless lump of worthlessness I'm bringing back the Book of the Month.  This month we are reading The Complete Flannery O'Conner.  It's quite cheap, so there's that.


6 comments:

Brent Williams said...

You had to get a book that wasn't in the public library system.

I am assuming it is this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Stories-Flannery-OConnor/dp/0374515360/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326090607&sr=8-1

anthony said...

Yeah, that's the one.

The library doesn't have any Flannery O'Conner, but they've got 312 Harry Potter books.

Lordy.

James said...

Can I be in the group?
I am already half way through the book, but do I have to finish it before the end of January? I find it difficult to read a lot of short stories, one after the other. The characters get muddled in my brain.
If you like short stories you might like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Stories-John-Cheever/dp/0375724427
Don't read at the same time as Flannery though. That would be doubly confusing.

anthony said...

Wow, this is really taking off. :)
I have read the John Cheever book and loved it.
Flannery deadline is somewhere towards the end of February if that works for you.

Brent Williams said...

Ordered.

Can't wait for the beer or the week/book review event.

tins said...

I LOVE the picture of Rod. He is so dishy.